The Centre for Patient Leadership (CPL) is unique in having been set up solely to improve patient leadership. It has provided a wide range of high quality programmes to support and train patient leaders in both the statutory and voluntary sectors.
FPM is working in partnership with CPL to deliver a Patient Revolution initiative that aims to transform the patient and customer experience of patients and carers in the NHS.
Currently FPM, CPL and TMI are running a major project for the NHS Midlands and East. Together they have:
- Designed and delivered patient leadership learning programmes for 160 people.
- Set up a virtual learning environment and community of practice for participants
- Developed over 40 bespoke learning materials for participants
- Built an organisational guide (Bring it on - 40 ways to support patient leadership)
- Set up a Patient Leaders Network across the Region (and more widely)
Mark Doughty and David Gilbert of CPL are two of the UK's most respected commentators on this agenda and regular contributors to journals such as the Health Service Journal (HSJ).